Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Reflections on the movie

Just wanted to share that I loved the movie we saw in class.  From the very beginning it drew me in and I was captured.  As the movie offered, "You can enter Jerusalem through the people there."  I felt a part of the city and it's people, like I was there walking the streets myself.  I had to laugh at the comment "I enjoy going to the market-I enjoy talking to people there...they hear my stories and I hear theirs."  What a laid-back relaxing concept...and these are the stories others, including myself, love to hear.  This is how we enter the city.  I wondered though, why they said, "According to Torah, it is a great sin to join the army."  How can it be a great sin when God Himself gave commands of military attacks by the men of Israel.  And I also wondered about the bird in the cage...at first I thought, "wow...wonder how that bird doesn't get sick carrying it around without the cage being covered..." but then it dawned on me....my gosh Barb.  You're wondering about the health of the bird, when the real question is why in the world is the guy even carrying the bird around!  Could that be an analogy  to any of the questions of Jerusalem?  Are we questioning superficial happenings and overlooking the obvious?  Guess we could do this through life...maybe I need to back out and look at the bigger picture sometimes.....then I would notice men carrying birds around in a cage, among other things.....

1 comment: