Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hello there Living Jerusalem!

Hello there!

My name is Barb McGinness and I am easy to spot in our IU Living Jerusalem class: I'm the old-er one.  But though I may be old enough to be your mom or grandma, I am young at heart, and happy to be in this class.  When I walked through the door I was excited.  But as I sat and listened to the class introduction and details, excited no longer was enough to describe my enthusiasm.  I have become part of Living Jerusalem; not by blood or religion or nationality, but by choice.  I am joined to this fantastic opportunity to not only learn more about Jerusalem but, together with all of you, to have become a part of the life-blood beating for Jerusalem.  And I am especially excited to become aware of the many people who also are a part of Jerusalem, people I don't know yet but will come to know through this class.  It will be awesome!

4 comments:

  1. Barb, It's great to have you in class. I think you do a great job of articulating your thoughts and can add value that none of us other students can. I think you bring a different perspective that provokes thought/discussion.

    Like you, I too am looking forward to this course. I'm not associated with Jerusalem in any way nor do I know much about Jerusalem's culture or history. However, I also feel that I have become part of Living Jerusalem and will only benefit by working with others, like yourself. Indeed, it will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there Austin. Thanks for taking the time to write a comment. I think our class as a whole really does a great job articulating thoughts, huh? See you next week!

      Delete
  2. Barb,

    Glad you are in the class. I really enjoy the perspective you bring and the fact that you voice your questions and interpretations so confidently. I was struck by your comment yesterday that you live on a farm larger than Jerusalem (at least during its early days). What a powerful thing to think about so much history and action coming from such a small space! Also that you find Karen's background interesting, I am struck by it. I would love to have her speak to the class, how cool would that be!?

    Ethan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Ethan! Yep, having Karen speak in class would be MORE than cool....WOW!!! Wouldn´t that be amazing. You all having fascinating comments. I'm thinking our class is really amazing...see you next week

      Delete