Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pressman's brief history article

Very interesting article in that Pressman wrote this in a relatively chronological order (I am figuring out that my brain can attempt to categorize it all little better this way).  And it really helped me to begin (yes begin) to look at the modern conflict between the Jews and Arabs.  "This is this, and that is that...," like a follow the dot puzzle, from 1881 to the present.  I found it fascinating that there was actually a date marking its beginning: 1881.  1881? That marked a time I guess when they could count the Arabs and Jews in Palestine, and identify them by religion...so here I am at the beginning, again.

He, step by step, walked me through dates, actions and reactions, wars and rumors of war, and even the varied attempts to resolve internal grumbles that may yet lead to a climatic ending or beginning...,only time will tell.

But, while his information made for a good 'modern conflict between Jews and Arabs' 101 course, dancing all over the details with the skill of a master, it didn't offer answers...and, it seems, the answers are the coveted key! 









No comments:

Post a Comment